Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pumpkin Stew (chinese style)

Small handful of dried shrimps. Soak in hot water for about 10 mins.


Pumpkin amount depends on how much you want to make.


Cut into bites size cubes.

Oil and garlic fry till brown.

Drain the shrimps and fry with garlic till you can smell the shrimpy fragrance.

Add pumpkin and stir fry till all the pumpkin is coated with oil.

It should look like this.

Add water and shimmer for about 20 mins or till soft.

You can add minced meat into the stew if you want. I added it later because I forgot! Should be fried with the garlic and shrimps.


Letitis's verdict: 10/10 (she loved it! she was begging for more)
Mummy's verdict: I love it too! I ate her left overs.

2 comments:

Shamu said...

this looks good- my mom bought a pumpkin and its been sitting there unused... nows the time to use it :)
thanks :D

flo said...

I want to just say that yours is the first recipe I have seen using this format. It is good.
The recipe...? good but I cook this style many ways with variations e.g.. adding bean paste/dried chillies/dried prawns instead of fresh/santan. All taste good.